Foundation Scholarship Program
The Scholarship Program began with the 1993/94 academic year. Since that time 189 scholarships totaling $199,100 have been awarded to students. Click here for an historical list of our scholarship winners. The funding for scholarships comes from investment income/interest from the Foundation’s scholarship endowment account.
Colleges included in the Scholarship Program are:
- UNL College of Ag Sciences & Natural Resources – incoming and upper class students majoring in agribusiness or agricultural economics
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture (NCTA) at Curtis – students majoring in agribusiness or ag production systems
Student eligibility is restricted to sons/daughters of a parent/legal guardian who has been an active member, director, or employee for at least the prior three years of a cooperative which has been a member in good standing of the Council for at least five years. Scholarship committees at UNL and NCTA make the selection of recipients based on criteria established for each scholarship. The Foundation only verifies local cooperative affiliation and Council membership requirements.
Scholarships for the 2019/20 Academic Year…
For the 2019/20 academic year, the NCCEF will award seven $2,500 scholarships at UNL to students majoring in agribusiness or agricultural economics; one $1,500 scholarship at NCTA to a student majoring in agribusiness or ag production systems; and one $2,500 scholarship at UNK to a student majoring in agribusiness.
Watch for the promotional materials and application links to be added below in November 2018. At that time, promotional materials will be forwarded to member cooperatives and to UNL, NCTA, and UNK for posting and links will also be provided below.
- Poster for display in your cooperative headquarters/branches and at colleges
- News article to be used in your co-op newsletter or hometown newspaper
- Application form and selection criteria for a UNL scholarship in honor of Robert C. Andersen
- Application form and selection criteria for UNL scholarships in honor of Michael S. Turner
- Application form and selection criteria for a NCTA scholarship in honor of Michael S. Turner
- Application form and selection criteria for a UNK scholarship in honor of Michael S. Turner
The deadline to submit scholarship applications will be April 15, 2019.
Recipients will be announced in mid-June 2019.