Foundation Scholarship Program
The Scholarship Program began with the 1993/94 academic year. Since that time 198 scholarships totaling $220,600 have been awarded to students. Click here for an historical list of our scholarship winners. The funding for scholarships comes from investment income/interest from the Foundation’s scholarship endowment account.
Colleges included in the Scholarship Program are:
- UNL College of Ag Sciences & Natural Resources – incoming and upper class students majoring in agribusiness or agricultural economics
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture (NCTA) at Curtis – students majoring in agribusiness or ag production systems
- UNK – upperclass students majoring in agribusiness
Student eligibility is restricted to sons/daughters of a parent/legal guardian who has been an active member, director, or employee for at least the prior three years of a cooperative which has been a member in good standing of the Council for at least five years. Scholarship committees at UNL, NCTA, and UNK make the selection of recipients based on criteria established for each scholarship. The Foundation only verifies local cooperative affiliation and Council membership requirements.
Scholarships for the 2020/21 Academic Year…
Recipients for our NCCEF scholarships for the 2020/21 academic year have been announced. The news release linked here was forwarded statewide on June 9, 2020. Congratulations to each of our recipients!
Scholarships for the 2021/22 Academic Year…
Please check back in late November 2020 for details about the NCCEF 21/22AY scholarships. Links will be added to the materials below at that time. Promotional materials will be forwarded to member cooperatives in late November 2020 and to UNL, NCTA, and UNK for posting. Links to the items below will be added at that time as well as to the online application forms:
- Poster for display in your cooperative headquarters/branches and at colleges
- UNL, NCTA and UNK for display in co-ops
- News article to be used in your co-op newsletter or hometown newspaper
- 2020/21AY Selection Criteria and Online Application forms
- UNL scholarship in honor of Robert C. Andersen
- UNL scholarships in honor of Michael S. Turner
- NCTA scholarships in honor of Michael S. Turner
- UNK scholarship in honor of Michael S. Turner
The deadline to submit scholarship applications will be April 15, 2021 with recipients to be announced in mid-June 2021.