Foundation Scholarship Program
The Scholarship Program began with the 1993/94 academic year. Since that time 198 scholarships totaling $220,600 have been awarded to students. Click here for an historical list of our scholarship winners. The funding for scholarships comes from investment income/interest from the Foundation’s scholarship endowment account.
Colleges included in the Scholarship Program are:
- UNL College of Ag Sciences & Natural Resources – incoming and upper class students majoring in agribusiness or agricultural economics
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture (NCTA) at Curtis – students majoring in agribusiness or ag production systems
- UNK – upperclass students majoring in agribusiness
Student eligibility is restricted to sons/daughters of a parent/legal guardian who has been an active member, director, or employee for at least the prior three years of a cooperative which has been a member in good standing of the Council for at least five years. Scholarship committees at UNL, NCTA, and UNK make the selection of recipients based on criteria established for each scholarship. The Foundation only verifies local cooperative affiliation and Council membership requirements.
Scholarships for the 2020/21 Academic Year…
For the 2020/21 academic year, the NCCEF will award eight $3,000 scholarships at UNL to students majoring in agribusiness or agricultural economics; two $2,000 scholarships at NCTA to students majoring in agribusiness or ag production systems; and one $3,000 scholarship at UNK to a student majoring in agribusiness.
Promotional materials will be forwarded to member cooperatives in late November 2019 and to UNL, NCTA, and UNK for posting. Links to these items, as well as to the online application forms, are included below:
- Poster for display in your cooperative headquarters/branches and at colleges
- News article to be used in your co-op newsletter or hometown newspaper
- 2020/21AY Selection Criteria and Online Application forms
The deadline to submit scholarship applications is April 15, 2020. Recipients will be announced in mid-June 2020.