Foundation Scholarship Program
The Scholarship Program began with the 1993/94 academic year. Since that time 209 scholarships totaling $251,600 have been awarded to students. Click here for an historical list of our scholarship winners. The funding for scholarships comes from investment income/interest from the Foundation’s scholarship endowment account.
Colleges included in the Scholarship Program are:
- UNL College of Ag Sciences & Natural Resources – students majoring in agribusiness or agricultural economics
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture (NCTA) at Curtis – students majoring in agribusiness or ag production systems
- UNK – upperclass students majoring in agribusiness
Student eligibility is restricted to sons/daughters of a parent/legal guardian who has been an active member, director, or employee for at least the prior three years of a cooperative which has been a member in good standing of the Council for at least five years. Scholarship committees at UNL, NCTA, and UNK make the selection of recipients based on criteria established for each scholarship. The Foundation only verifies local cooperative affiliation and Council membership requirements.
Scholarships for the 2020/21 Academic Year…
Recipients for our NCCEF scholarships for the 2020/21 academic year have been announced. The news release linked here was forwarded statewide on June 9, 2020. Congratulations to each of our recipients!
Scholarships for the 2021/22 Academic Year…
Applications are now being accepted for the 2021/22 academic year. See the links below for promotional materials, selection criteria and the online application forms at UNL, NCTA, and UNK:
- Poster for display in your cooperative headquarters/branches and at colleges
- News article to be used in your co-op newsletter or hometown
- 2020/21AY Selection Criteria and Online Application forms
The deadline to submit scholarship applications will be April 15, 2021 with recipients to be announced in mid-June 2021.