Nebraska Ag Facts of Interest
Nebraska cooperatives are a significant factor in the agricultural industry and the economy of the state. Examples of their impact are:
- As of October 2017, cooperatives are operating 374 locations across the state providing much needed jobs and services in our most rural communities.
- As of October 2017, cooperatives employ over 5,400 individuals across the state.
- As of October 2017, over 56,200 farmers and ranchers are voting members of Nebraska cooperatives with many members of more than one cooperative.
- In 2015/16, ag supply and marketing cooperatives paid out a collective total of $55.9 million in patronage refunds to members. In addition, $21.8 million was paid out in members equity/estate redemption.
- Nebraska ag supply and marketing cooperatives invested over $186.1 million in new facilities and equipment in 2015/16.
- These cooperatives paid over $12.4 million in property taxes and over $8 million in state and federal income taxes in 2015/16.