Nebraska Ag Facts of Interest
Nebraska cooperatives are a significant factor in the agricultural industry and the economy of the state. Examples of their impact are as follows:
- As of October 2014, cooperatives are operating 391 locations across the state providing much needed jobs and services in our most rural communities.
- As of October 2014, cooperatives employ over 5,575 individuals across the state.
- As of October 2014, over 56,200 farmers and ranchers are voting members of Nebraska cooperatives with many members of more than one cooperative.
- In 2013/14, ag supply and marketing cooperatives paid out a collective total of $63.1 million in patronage refunds to members. In addition, $16.5 million was paid out in members equity/estate redemption.
- Nebraska ag supply and marketing cooperatives invested over $162.4 million in new facilities and equipment in 2013/14.
- These cooperatives paid over $11.1 million in property taxes and over $15.9 million in state and federal income taxes in 2013/14.