The Nebraska Cooperative Council is a statewide, nonprofit, non-partisan trade association which works to foster, improve, and promote a better understanding of the theory, principles, and practices of the cooperative way of doing business and to develop a unified approach on matters in which there is a common interest.
The information below is also available within this website; however, we have included links below as a quick and handy reference.
Cooperative Maps and Fact Sheet
The trend of cooperative convergence in Nebraska has been ongoing since the 1960s. While the number of farmer-owned cooperatives in the state has declined over time, the remaining cooperatives are providing goods, services, and jobs in over 400 locations in Nebraska. The maps below depict cooperative locations in Nebraska while the Fact Sheet includes statistics about the impact cooperatives have on Nebraska’s economy.
- Cooperative map as of 9-1-14 (base map includes cities only)
- Cooperative map as of 9-1-14 (base map includes cities, counties & highways)
- Fact Sheet on Nebraska’s Farmer-Owned Cooperatives
For more information and statistics about cooperatives, see the “Cooperatives Today” page.
NCC Education Foundation Scholarships – 2015/16 Academic Year
April 15, 2015 was the application deadline for our 2015/16 AY scholarships. NCTA and UNL are now in the process of selecting the winners, and once that step is completed the Council will verify co-op membership. A new release announcing this year’s recipients will be forwarded statewide in June.
In late November, information for our 2016/17 AY scholarships will be forwarded to the membership and the links below will be activated at that time:
- Poster for display in your cooperative headquarters and branches
- Application form to print and complete by hand, or
- Application form – Microsoft Word template to save and complete via your computer
- News Article to be used in your co-op newsletter or hometown newspaper
NCC Cooperative Hall of Fame
Nominations are now being accepted. Please use the form below and submit it to the Council office by July 17, 2015.
- Nomination Form – PDF format to print and complete
- Nomination Form – Microsoft Word template to save on your computer and complete