The Nebraska Cooperative Council is a statewide, nonprofit, non-partisan trade association which works to foster, improve, and promote a better understanding of the theory, principles, and practices of the cooperative way of doing business and to develop a unified approach on matters in which there is a common interest.
The information below is also available within this website; however, we have included links below as a quick and handy reference.
Cooperative Maps and Fact Sheet
The trend of cooperative convergence in Nebraska has been ongoing since the 1960s. While the number of farmer-owned cooperatives in the state has declined over time, the remaining cooperatives are providing goods, services, and jobs in over 400 locations in Nebraska. The maps below depict cooperative locations in Nebraska while the Fact Sheet includes statistics about the impact cooperatives have on Nebraska’s economy.
- Cooperative map as of 9-1-14 (base map includes cities only)
- Cooperative map as of 9-1-14 (base map includes cities, counties & highways)
- Fact Sheet on Nebraska’s Farmer-Owned Cooperatives
For more information and statistics about cooperatives, see the “Cooperatives Today” page.
NCC Education Programs – 2014/15 registration materials
Below is an all-inclusive education booklet of our 2014/15 education programs as well as registration forms for each program. Should you have questions, please contact Ed or Deb at the Council office.
- 2014/15 Education Program Booklet
- Registration form – Director/Manager Workshop
- Registration form – Director Certification Program
- Registration form – Cooperatives For Tomorrow Seminar and Cooperative Issues Symposium
- Registration form – Board Officer Seminar
Due to recent inquiries relating to patron credit accounts and risk management, the Council will also host a half-day workshop on March 5, 2015 at the Holiday Inn-Kearney for co-op managers and staff. Council attorneys will facilitate the meeting. See the registration materials below for more information:
NCC Education Foundation Scholarships – 2015/16 Academic Year
Promotional materials for 2015/16 academic year scholarships were forwarded to the membership. Links to the materials are below: